Employee wellbeing is becoming one of the greatest predictors of business success today.
- According to a 2016 study conducted by the Conference Board of Canada, stress, anxiety and depression cost Canadian Companies more than $50 Billion/year and obesity costs 1.3 billion/year.
- According to a 2017 IPSOS poll 500,000 Canadians miss work every year due to mental health issues (1 in 4 employees).
- Experts predict if something does not change, the costs for corporations will escalate to $2.5 Trillion over the next 30 years.
Over the last 15 years there’s been a flurry of clinical research demonstrating the effectiveness of mindfulness practices to help individuals significantly:
- regulate blood/glucose levels and improve cardiovascular and brain functioning
- increase alertness and positive feelings while decreasing cortisol levels (stress hormone), aggressiveness, depression and anxiety
- treat chronic pain, chronic fatigue, depression and anxiety disorders
- improve focus, memory, listening, decision-making and leadership
Leading global corporations like General Mills, Aetna, Intel, Adobe, Google, Ford, and Target are reshaping the workplace by teaching yoga, meditation and mindfulness to their employees.
General Mills, conducted an analysis of its 8-Week Yoga & Mindfulness Leadership program and found:
- 83% reported an increased attention to optimizing personal productivity
- 82% reported improvements in time management
- 80% of its senior executives reported a positive change in their ability to make better decisions.
As one of the few certified mindfulness instructors in Moncton, Sari offers:
- Mindfulness Lunch & Learns (FREE!!)
- Individualized mindfulness and meditation coaching
- 6-Week Mindfulness 101 Program ($295/person for groups of 4 or more).
- Key Notes, Workshops & Retreats
For further information or to book Sari, contact her today.